This is the Privacy & Cookies Policy (the ‘Policy’) of Played Limited (‘Played’) a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 10271265. This Policy describes the ways in which Played collects and uses information about you when you visit Played’s website at www.Played.world (the ‘Website’) or when you use Played’s App (the ‘App’) on a browser, through a social networking site or as an app.
If you have any queries about this Policy, please contact Played using the contact details below.
1. Who this Policy applies to: By using the App or visiting the Website you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy in respect of the information collected about you. Played may change this Policy at any time. Played shall deem your continued use of the App or access of the Website as indicating your consent to such changes. This Policy applies to the following people:
a. visitors to the Website;
b. people who use the App; and
c. people who make complaints to us by email.
3. People who contact or make complaints to Played by email: When Played receives complaints by email it shall file any relevant document and may retain details of the complainant, and other individuals identified in the complaint. Played will only use this information to process the complaint and to check on Played’s services and staff. Played shall retain information in relation to a complaint for 6 years after its closure, in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted on a ‘need to know’ basis.
4. People who use the App:
a. Played will collect the following information from you when you use the App:
I. If you sign up to the App, we may collect your name, date of birth, your e-mail address, mobile phone number and device you are using;
II. If you sign into the App through a social network that network may allow information about you to be accessed by Played. For example on Facebook, your Facebook ID, email address, information relating to your friends, profile picture, gender, language, geo-location or the device you are using. However, you can change what information Played can access by changing your privacy features on such social networks;
III. your IP address, MAC address or the internet browser which you are using when you use the App; and
b. If you do not want Played to collect this information: you can use your browser settings and privacy settings on your social networks to prevent us collecting certain of the above information about you. If you still have concerns about the information we collect please contact us at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. How Played uses collected information from people who use the App: Played will use the information it collects for its business management purposes and also in order to provide the best service possible via the App and the Website. Played may use your information to:
a. facilitate the improvement of the App and your experience of the App;
b. provide technical support in relation to user enquires, resolving disputes, collecting fees and troubleshooting;
c. prevent fraud or illegal activities;
d. to provide information about other products and services. From time to time Played may send you information about the App, applications, services and other digital goods which Played think may be of interest to you. You can tell us to stop this at any time by sending an e-mail to [X]; and
e. share with third parties for the purposes as described in paragraph 6 below.
6. Sharing information with third parties: Played will not pass your information to third party advertisers for them to market to you other than as described in this paragraph. Played may, subject to its obligations to comply with applicable data protection legislation, share your information with third parties including:
a. Played’s online partners who may serve adverts within the App (please see further details on these adverts in paragraph 8 below). Played may share your anonymised IP address and MAC ID with its partners to ensure that the ads you receive are relevant to you;
b. as part of the App your information (for example your name, profile picture or user ID) may be shared with other users and your social networks. You may also share elements of your participation in the App (e.g. displaying your geographical location to communicate with other users in similar locations) with other users and your social networks;
c. in relation to the sale of some or all Played’s business, or its assets, to any third party, or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but Played will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected;
d. in anonymised form with data aggregators and service providers as part of an analysis of user metrics or sales performance; or
e. with law enforcement agencies in compliance with law enforcement.
8. Links to third party websites and third party adverts: Played cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from the App/Website, adverts in the App/Website or from adverts on a webpage when you are using the App/are on the Website. Played recommends that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions. In addition, if you link to the App from a third party site or via a social network (e.g. Twitter, Facebook), Played cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
9. Security: Played has implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use. Played’s physical servers are hosted by a third party cloud service provider located in the EU]. You may also change your account settings on Facebook to prevent both us and third parties seeing information in relation to you. Played deletes data we hold in relation to any visitor to the App if that user has not accessed the App in the previous 6 years.
10. Played’s policy towards children: Played’s App is intended for anyone who is legally entitled to own a device that accesses the App and uses it. However, Played does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information in relation to children under the age of 13. If Played discovers it has collected personal data in relation to any children under 13 Played shall take reasonable steps to delete such information.
11. Contact details: If at any time you would like to contact Played about your views on this Policy or any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com.
b. Disabling Cookies: The use of the cookies described above improves the functionality of the App and the Website and your experience using them. If you do not want these cookies to be served on your device, you are able to disable them by changing the settings on your browser, or on your device. Please note that if you do decide to disable cookies you may not be able to access some of the App, some of the features of the App or the App may not function properly. By continuing to use the App, including using social networking media functionality, you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device.
c. More information: To find out more about how cookies work, how to manage and delete them and to see which ones have been set please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies used on the Website (Google Analytics):
Purpose - Played uses Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use our Website, which Played use to help improve it. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the Website from and the pages they visited.
Google Privacy Overview to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Cookies used in the App (Google Analytics):
Purpose - Played uses Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use the Website, which Played use to help improve it. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the Website from and the pages they visited.
For Google Privacy Overview visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy